FAST AND FURIOUS START
North Florida opens the 2021-22 campaign on Nov. 9 at Texas Tech. The game tips off a span of five games in nine days with subsequent stops on Nov. 10 at Texas A&M | Nov. 12 at Grand Canyon University | Nov. 15 at Arizona State and Nov. 17 at UCLA. Following the frantic start, the Ospreys make their home debut Nov. 20 versus Webber International before closing the first month with road tilts at Kentucky (Nov. 26) and FIU (Nov. 28).
SUNSHINE STATE TOUR
The month of December finds the Ospreys staying within the borders of their home state for all seven match-ups. The ledger begins with a home game with Edward Waters on Dec. 2 followed by back-to-back road contests at FAU (Dec. 5) and Florida (Dec. 8). UNF hosts Austin Peay (Dec. 11) and Trinity Baptist (Dec. 18) in games bookending fall semester exams. A pre-Christmas game at Florida State is scheduled for Dec. 21 and the month wraps up with a home game versus Florida National on Dec. 30.
ASUN SLATE: FAMILIAR FACES & NEW PLACES
UNF begins conference action at in-state rival FGCU on Jan. 4 before welcoming Stetson on Jan. 8 for its ASUN home debut. A midweek visit to Liberty (Jan. 11) precedes back-to-back home meetings with crosstown rival Jacksonville (Jan. 15) and Kennesaw State (Jan. 18). A trip to league newcomer Eastern Kentucky (Jan. 22) is followed by a two-game home stand versus newcomer Central Arkansas (Jan. 27) and Lipscomb (Jan. 29).
A pair of games in Alabama tip-off the final month of the regular season with the Ospreys visiting Jacksonville State (Feb. 3) and North Alabama (Feb. 5). North Florida welcomes Bellarmine for the first time on Feb. 9 before traveling to Kennesaw State for a East Division rematch on Feb. 12. Ospreys conclude the home portion of their ledger with home rematches with Liberty (Feb. 15) and FGCU (Feb. 19). Road rematches at rival Jacksonville (Feb. 23) and Stetson (Feb. 26) wrap up February and the regular season.
The 2022 ASUN Championship includes all 12 league teams and will be held at campus sites of the higher seeded teams. The tournament is slated for Mar. 1-8.
- Ospreys will play 6 of first 7 games on the road followed by 10 consecutive games inside the borders of Florida
- Schedule includes games in 8 different states (Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Texas and Virginia)
- 20 of 31 games played in the “Sunshine State”
- North Florida facing 9 teams for the first-time in program history including three ASUN contests
- 16 teams on the UNF docket posted winning records last year with three teams boasting 20+ win campaigns
- Six opponents qualified for the NCAA Tournament a year ago including UCLA (Final Four) and Florida State (Sweet 16)
- The non-conference slate features games against seven different Division I conferences (ACC | Big 12 | CUSA | OVC | PAC 12 | SEC | WAC)
- UNF lineup consists of one junior, five sophomores and seven freshmen (no seniors)
- Ospreys return nine letterwinners from the 2020-21 season including four starters