JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Another week, another award for UNF baseball’s Alex Kachler as the graduate student added CoSIDA Academic All-District First Team honors as announced by the organization Thursday, July 1.
CoSIDA (College Sports Information Directors of America) honors the top student-athletes in the nation, recognizing their achievements in the field of competition and in the classroom.
Kachler is the first UNF baseball student-athlete to be selected to a CoSIDA All-District team since Preston Hale and John Atteo were selected in 2010.
With the award, Kachler achieved the unique distinction of being named a CoSIDA All-District honoree at the Division I and Division III level. The Lithia, Fla., native was named to the same award at Methodist University as an undergraduate to complement a plethora of other awards.
The graduate student was one of two ASUN baseball student-athletes named to the CoSIDA District 4 First Team, joining Stetson’s Andrew MacNeil.
Awards Earned in 2021
- ASUN Spring Winner for Life Recipient
- Senior CLASS Award First Team All-American
- Finalist for National Senior CLASS Award
- 2021 ASUN Baseball Player of the Year
- 2021 ASUN Baseball Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- ASUN Player of the Week (April 26, 2021)
- ASUN Player of the Week (Feb. 22, 2021)
- ASUN Honor Roll (2020-21)
- Made UNF program history by hitting safely in eight consecutive at-bats between April 25 and April 28.
- Tied a UNF DI single game record by hitting safely in five at-bats during a win against Jacksonville April 25.
- Went 7-for-10 in his first weekend series at the Division I level, doing so at No. 21 Florida State while driving in three and scoring five times.
About the CoSIDA Academic All-District Award
The 2020-21 Academic All-District® Baseball Team, selected by CoSIDA, recognizes the nation’s top student-athletes for their combined performances on the field and in the classroom. The CoSIDA Academic All-America® program separately recognizes baseball honorees in four divisions — NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III and NAIA. First-team Academic All-District® honorees advance to the CoSIDA Academic All-America® ballot.
First-, second- and third-team Academic All-America® honorees will be announced in late July. The CoSIDA Academic All-District® teams include the student-athletes listed on the following pages and are divided into geographic districts across the United States and Canada.
The Division II and III CoSIDA Academic All-America® programs are partially financially supported by the NCAA Division II and III national governance structures to assist CoSIDA with handling the awards fulfillment aspects for the 2020-21 Divisions II and III Academic All-America® programs. The NAIA CoSIDA Academic All-America® program is partially financially supported through the NAIA national office. For more information about CoSIDA’s Academic All-District® and Academic All-America® Teams program, visit AcademicAllAmerica.com on CoSIDA.com.